The process of adding your domain name to a new site It will depend on who it is registered with. Some registrars allow you to give a third party, like us, access to the settings & we can do it for you. For the ones that don't do that, we'll provide you with our server details and you can contact the support department of the registrar & have them do it for you. Either way, it's not too hard normally.
The basic process is this:
- Once you think the site is ready to go live, let us know.
- We'll add your domain name details to the site.
- We contact your registrar with the server details or you give us access to the domain settings & I do it.
- Once they apply the change it can take up to 24 hours to work, but it's usually closer to a few hours.
- We then add a security (SSL) certificate to the site & that can take a few hours to kick in.
- Once all the new settings resolve across the internet, you'll be live.